Jill Savage is an author and speaker who is passionate about encouraging families. She is the author of seven books including Professionalizing Motherhood, No More Perfect Kids, My Hearts At Home, Real Moms…Real Jesus, Living With Less So Your Family Has More, and her most recent bestselling release No More Perfect Moms.
Featured on Focus on the Family, Crosswalk.com, Family Life Today and Today’s Christian Woman magazine, Jill is the founder of Hearts at Home, an organization that encourages moms. Jill and her husband, Mark, have five children, three who are married, two granddaughters and one grandson. They make their home in Normal, Illinois.
Here are some of the ideas discussed in this podcast:
- “Never compare your insides to another woman’s outsides.”
- Why do we as moms always compare ourselves to other moms and how can we stop?
- Why are moms control freaks?
- How to be more authentic
- How social media affects are expectations.
- Sharing our reality helps others find their own authenticity.
- What “stories” are you telling yourself.
- What about the Mom Guilt? Can we ever learn to get rid of it for good?
- Pinterest Fail
- How sharing our failures helps our children grow.
No More Perfect Moms will help you…
- Change your unrealistic expectations to realistic expectations in order to better manage everyday challenges.
- Give grace and love to your husband and children even in difficult family life circumstances.
- Increase your confidence when you resist the urge to compare your insides to other women’s outsides.
- Discover the beauty of grace when you stop judging yourself and stop judging others.
- Find freedom from disappointment when you embrace your real family, your real challenges, and your real, but imperfect, life.